Summer holiday in Kleinarl
Hiking, climbing, mountain biking and more on your holiday in Salzburg
Mountains, lakes and countless moments of pleasure - that's what awaits guests on the their holiday in Kleinarl in Salzburger Land. The Wagrain-Kleinarl region is well-known for its picturesque lakes, in particular the deep-green Jägersee Lake and the largest mountain lake in the Eastern Alps, the Tappenkarsee. But also "summit seakers" and "gentle hikers" will feel at home in the region and find a wide range of tour possibilities. Those who enjoy spending their leisure time on a bike will find trails to suit every taste here in the Bike-Eldorado Wagrain-Kleinarl: mountain bike and e-bike routes, Stoneman Taurista trail, bike park etc. And the holiday resort has lots more to offer too - best thing is for you to come and discover it for yourself on your summer holiday in Salzburg.
- Scenically beautiful hikes & mountain tours for families to experienced mountain climbers: over alpine landscapes to alpine huts, to mountain lakes & up to summits
- Top hiking destination: Tappenkarsee Lake at the end of the Kleinarl valley – largest mountain lake in the Eastern Alps, surrounded by steep rock faces
- Easy hikes & walks around the emerald-green Jägersee Lake (nature reserve) in Kleinarl
- Themed path "Green Trails in the Valley"
- Nature & mountain adventure world for children: Wagraini’s Grafenberg at the top station of the Grafenbergbahn Cable Car
- Salzburger Almenweg in the region
- Refreshment stops at alpine huts offering regional delicacies
- Wanderbus: for just € 1,00 per journey with your guest card, bus stop right near our apartments
- Varied hiking programme offered by the Tourist Office
- Summer lifts in operation: Grafenbergbahn, Flying Mozart & G-LINK
Regional delicacies for take away
"Bio aus dem Tal" (Bio from the valley) - the regional brand. Buy regional products in the farm shop in Kleinarl for your home: milk and dairy products, meat and sausages, eggs, pasta, bread & pastries, herbs, alpaca products, honey,...
Mountain biking, E-Biking & Bike Park
- 19 attractive mountain bike routes to lakes & in the alpine landscape around Wagrain-Kleinarl
- Bike Park Wagrain on the Griessenkareck: MTB-Downhill-Park with 9 trails, jumps, tables & steep bend, accessible on the Flying Mozart Cable Car, suitable for beginners to experts
- Stoneman Taurista: MTB-trail of 123 km in length, 4,500 Hm & 360° alpine panorama through the resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt & Obertauern
- Special e-bike routes & charging stations in Wagrain-Kleinarl
- Bike rental available at the sports shops in Kleinarl & Wagrain plus delivery service
- Scenic & demanding racing bike tours throughout the whole of the Salzburger Land, e.g. on the Rossbrand in Radstadt, around the Dachstein, on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road
- A variety of tours right from the doorstep
Swimming & bathing
- Adventure Pool Wasserwelt Wagrain covering a total area of 1,450 m2
- Indoor & outdoor pools with whirl-lounger bay, crazy river, massage jet bench
- 6 water slides, e.g. turbo slide, black hole & kids' slide
- Indoor & outdoor toddlers' pools, mother & child area
- Room with relaxation loungers, large sunbathing area, children's play area, bistro
- Large sauna area with various saunas, steam room, infra-red cabin sauna, adventure showers etc.
- Daily free admission with the Salzburger Sportwelt Card (on rainy days: 3 hours free of charge)
- Plus: Adventure Thermal Spa Amadé in Altenmarkt im Pongau with indoor & outdoor salt pools, wave pool, separate sauna area, slides, e.g. single looping slide with rocket launch & free fall
Ball sports & other activities in the Region
- Soccer Golf Wagrain-Kleinarl by the Rote Achter Cable Car in Wagrain: mixture of golf, crazy golf & football
- 5 nearby golf course within a radius of 50 km: Golf Course Open Golf St. Johann-Alpendorf, Golf Club Radstadt, Golf Club Goldegg, Golf Club Gastein & Golf Club Zell am See
- 4 tennis courts in Wagrain-Kleinarl, lessons for all ability levels
- Routes for Nordic-Walking & jogging in a variety of levels of difficulty in both resorts
- Wide range of activity sports in der Salzburger Sportwelt: canyoning, rafting, kajaking, zorbing, mountain go-kart, tandem paragliding etc.
Climbing in Wagrain-Kleinarl
- Large offer for climbing fans
- Flying Fox Kleinarl: 5 rope slides and 1 rope bridge in the Kesselfall gorge, ascent via fixed rope routes with different levels of difficulty
- Weekly guided tours for beginners (reservation required)
- Kleinarl Ropes Course: 5 courses, 50 practice stations, freefall and magnificent view over the entire valley, freedom from giddiness recommended
- Ropes course Wagrain: 3 courses, team course, high altitude stations, etc.
- Via ferrata in Kleinarl: 3 via ferrata & 1 cross-country trail in Kleinarl
- Climbing gym in Wagrain